How Much is a Social Media Audit? With Some Companies Offering FREE Audits (£0) & Others Charging £50,000+. What Is Right For Your Brand?
How Much is a Social Media Audit? With Some Companies Offering FREE Audits (£0) & Others Charging £50,000+. What Is Right For Your Brand?
Table of contents
- Average Cost of a Social Media Audit
- Key Factors Impacting Social Media Audit Costs
- Getting the Most from Your Social Media Audit Investment
- Questions to Ask Potential Auditors
- Invest in Periodic Paid Social Media Audits
- Get Started with a Social Media Audit
- In conclusion, Thats How Much a Social Media Audit Should Cost You
How Much Does a Social Media Audit Cost? The Cost of Not Getting Regular Audits is Much Higher!
Social media audits have evolved into an indispensable resource for brands seeking to enhance their online presence and refine their strategies across social platforms. These audits offer a comprehensive analysis of your social media PPC profiles, performance metrics, and audience engagement, providing invaluable insights into what works well and where improvements are needed within your social channels.
When considering the cost of hiring an PPC agency or consultant to conduct a social media audit, it’s important to recognise that prices can vary significantly. The extent of the work involved, the depth of insights offered, and the experience level of the service provider all play a role in determining the final cost. In this article, we aim to demystify the typical costs associated with a social media PPC audit, empowering you to plan your budget effectively and understand what to anticipate from the process.
To gain a competitive edge in your industry, we encourage you to take advantage of our free social ads audit. By booking with us, you’ll receive actionable and data-driven insights that can significantly enhance your Paid Social Media Ads Audit performance and deliver better results. Our team of PPC experts will analyse your social media strategies and PPC campaigns, offering tailored recommendations to help you optimise your efforts and achieve greater success in the dynamic world of social media marketing. Don’t miss this opportunity to stay ahead of the competition and unlock the full potential of your brand’s social media presence. Book your free social ads audit with us today!
Average Cost of a Social Media Audit
Most social media audits cost between £500 to £5,000 for an individual brand, depending on the specifics of the project. Enterprise brands working with agencies often spend more.
Here is a rough breakdown of average costs:
- Basic audit: £500 – £1,500
- Standard audit: £1,500 – £3,000 (currently you can take advantage of PPC Geeks Free social ads audit here)
- Comprehensive audit: £3,000 – £5,000
- Agency or enterprise audit: £5,000 – £50,000+
The depth of analysis and deliverables increase with each level. Basic audits focus just on high-level performance metrics while comprehensive audits dive deeper into content strategy, audience research, competitor benchmarking and detailed recommendations.
In the next sections, we’ll explore what factors impact social media audit costs and how you can get the most value for your budget.
Key Factors Impacting Social Media Audit Costs
Several key factors determine the cost of a social media audit for a brand.
The main elements that influence price include:
1. Number of Social Media Platforms
The number of social platforms you want examined is probably the biggest cost driver. Auditing all major networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest, etc.) will be more expensive than focusing on just one or two channels.
Most basic audits look at 2-4 platforms while comprehensive audits examine 6-8+ networks. The more channels you include, the higher the price will go.
2. Amount of Brand Accounts
Do you want all of your brand accounts and profiles audited or just a select few? The number of brand accounts on each platform factors into costs too.
For example, auditing 10 different regional Facebook pages and 5 separate Instagram accounts will take more time than a single brand profile on each platform. More assets mean more work and higher audit fees.
3. Depth of Analysis
Social media audits can range from surface level to extremely detailed depending on your goals. Basic audits examine just high-level metrics and benchmarks. Comprehensive audits do an in-depth dive on content strategy, engagement, audience insights, and competitive positioning.
Obviously, the deeper the analysis, the more costly the audit becomes. Be clear on the depth of insights you need when requesting quotes.
4. Audit Deliverables
What deliverables do you want at the end of the audit? The more that’s included, the higher the price.
Typical audit deliverables include: benchmark reports, visual presentations, Facebook Ad Strategy recommendations, content calendars, competitor research, analytics review, and more. Outlining the specific deliverables you expect helps determine costs.
5. Provider Experience
The background, skills and experience level of the social media auditor greatly impacts pricing. Junior or general marketing PPC management consultants will charge less than senior specialists focused solely on social strategy.
Bigger agencies will have higher overhead costs factored into their rates as well. Be sure to evaluate each provider’s expertise when comparing audit quotes.
6. Turnaround Time
What’s the expected timeline for completing the audit? Rush jobs usually come with premium fees. Quick turnarounds demand more resources and urgency from the auditor.
Standard audits take 2-4 weeks for individual brands. Enterprise audits often run 6-8 weeks. If you need results faster, expect to pay a higher rate.
By understanding these key cost factors, you can better evaluate audit pricing and align on a fair budget. Being clear on your needs and expectations upfront is crucial.
Next we’ll look at ways to maximise value while minimising your spend.
Getting the Most from Your Social Media Audit Investment
Your goal should be maximising the value derived from the audit, rather than simply minimising the costs.
Still, there are ways to get the audit insights you need without overspending:
- Compare Multiple Providers
- Get price estimates from 3-5 different social media consultants or agencies before committing. Comparing options side-by-side ensures you get the best deal.
- Outline Deliverables Upfront
- Be very specific about the deliverables, data, recommendations and reporting you expect to receive. This prevents misunderstandings about what is included in a social ads audit.
- Prioritise Key Platforms
- If budget is a concern, focus the audit on 2-3 of your most important social platforms first. You can expand to more channels later once those are optimised.
- Schedule Timeline in Advance
- Giving the auditor sufficient time to complete the project prevents rush fees. A 30 day timeline is generally ideal for individual brand audits.
- Provide Access
- Supplying the auditor with full platform access and analytics eliminates delays. Briefing them on brand guidelines also allows for faster analysis.
- Follow Recommendations
- Get maximum ROI on the audit by implementing the strategy changes recommended in the report. Continued optimisation provides lasting value.
- While a quality social media audit requires an investment, the long term dividends from improved strategy and engagement make the spend well worth it.
Questions to Ask Potential Auditors
Not all social media auditors are equal.
As you evaluate consultants and agencies, here are key questions to ask:
How many platform audits have you conducted previously?
- This question helps you gauge the auditor’s experience and expertise in social media auditing. The more audits they have conducted, the better equipped they are likely to be in understanding various platforms and identifying potential issues and opportunities.
Do you offer different packages and levels of audits?
- Understanding the range of audit packages they offer can help you choose one that aligns with your specific needs and budget. Some auditors might offer basic audits that cover essential metrics, while others may have more comprehensive packages that include in-depth analysis and strategic recommendations.
What specific metrics and data will be included?
- This question seeks clarity on the depth of the audit. Different auditors might focus on different metrics, such as engagement rates, follower growth, audience demographics, content performance, and sentiment analysis. Knowing what data they will analyse helps you understand the scope of the audit and whether it covers the aspects you are most concerned about.
What tools and methods will you use in the audit?
- Understanding the tools and methods the auditor employs is crucial to assess the reliability and accuracy of their findings. Reputable auditors often use a combination of analytics tools and manual analysis to ensure a comprehensive assessment.
How long have you been specialising in social media strategy?
- This question gives you insights into the auditor’s industry experience and how long they have been dedicated to social media strategy. Experience can translate to better insights and understanding of trends in the rapidly evolving social media landscape.
Can you provide examples of past audit reports?
- Requesting samples of previous audit reports allows you to evaluate the quality, format, and level of detail you can expect from their work. It also gives you an idea of their reporting style and whether it aligns with your preferences.
Who will be the main contact and lead strategist?
- Establishing clear communication channels and knowing who the main point of contact will be is crucial for a smooth auditing process. This ensures that you can reach out to the right person for any queries or updates during the audit.
What are the costs for different audit scopes?
- Understanding the cost breakdown for various audit scopes helps you make an informed decision based on your budget constraints. You can evaluate the value offered by each package and determine which one fits your requirements best.
How long does it take to complete the audit?
- Knowing the estimated timeline for completing the audit is important for planning and managing expectations. Complex and comprehensive audits might take longer, while basic ones can be completed relatively quickly.
What are the exact deliverables provided?
- This question clarifies what you will receive at the end of the audit. Deliverables may include a detailed report, data visualisation, actionable recommendations, and strategic insights.
Do you share optimisation recommendations?
- It’s essential to ensure that the audit doesn’t just identify weaknesses but also offers practical recommendations for improvement. Actionable insights can make the audit much more valuable as you can use them to enhance your social media strategy.
How can I maximise the value of the audit?
- Asking this question shows your commitment to making the most of the audit process. The auditor might provide suggestions on how to actively engage with the findings and implement changes effectively.
What are the next steps after the audit is complete?
- Understanding the post-audit process is crucial for preparing for the implementation of the recommendations. The auditor may offer follow-up consultations or support to help you execute the necessary changes.
Thoroughly vetting potential auditors based on these questions will ensure that you choose a competent and experienced professional who can help you achieve your social media goals and align with your budgetary considerations. A well-executed social media audit can provide valuable insights to refine your strategy and improve your overall social media performance.
Invest in Periodic Paid Social Media Audits
A single social media audit provides enormous value – but only reflects a moment in time. Your followers, engagement, competitors and platforms are constantly evolving.
To keep pace with changes and continually refine your social strategy, brands should invest in regular audits. How Much is a Social Media Audit Here are some best practices:
Moment in Time vs. Constant Evolution:
A single social media audit provides valuable insights into your current social media performance and areas for improvement. However, social media is a dynamic and ever-changing landscape. Your audience, platform algorithms, and competitors are continually evolving. What works today may not yield the same results tomorrow. Periodic audits allow you to stay up-to-date with these changes and adapt your strategy accordingly.
Annual Comprehensive Audit for All Owned Social Channels:
An annual comprehensive audit should be conducted for all your owned social media channels. This in-depth analysis provides a holistic view of your brand’s social media presence, performance, and engagement. It helps identify long-term trends, strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement.
Quarterly Pulse-Check Audits on Key Platforms:
In addition to the annual comprehensive audit, conducting quarterly pulse-check audits on 1-2 key platforms allows you to monitor shorter-term social media ad performance audit trends. These audits focus on specific platforms that are crucial to your social media strategy or experiencing significant activity. By reviewing these platforms more frequently, you can detect emerging opportunities or issues early on.
Audit after Major Changes:
Major changes such as a rebrand, new product launch, or significant platform algorithm shifts can significantly impact your social media performance. Conducting an audit after such events provides valuable insights into how these changes have affected your metrics, audience engagement, and overall strategy.
Audit Before Investing in Paid Social Advertising:
Before investing in paid social advertising campaigns, conducting an audit of your social media advertising is essential. It ensures that your social media profiles are optimised and ready to maximise the impact of your paid efforts. By addressing any weaknesses or inefficiencies beforehand, you can achieve better results from your advertising investment.
Benchmarking Performance by Auditing Competitors:
Conducting competitor audits once a year allows you to benchmark your performance against your competitors. Understanding their strategies, successes, and areas of opportunity can inspire improvements in your own social media efforts. It also helps you identify unique selling points and differentiators.
ROI Justification for Audits:
Although social media audits represent an expense, the return on investment is substantial. By implementing the insights gained from audits, brands can experience higher audience growth, increased engagement, and improved conversions over time. The optimisation of social media strategies through regular audits can lead to better business outcomes and a stronger online presence.
In conclusion, investing in periodic social media audits is crucial for maintaining an effective and competitive social media strategy. By regularly evaluating your social media performance and adapting to changes, you can stay ahead of the curve, engage your audience more effectively, and achieve better results in the long run. The benefits of improved audience growth, engagement, and conversions far outweigh the costs associated with conducting regular audits.
Get Started with a Social Media Audit
Hopefully this overview gives you a better understanding of typical costs for a social media audit. The fees vary based on the scope, depth, platforms, accounts and other specifics of each project.
For most brands, investing £1,500-£3,000 on a standard audit from a qualified provider delivers immense value. It’s one of the smartest investments you can make to improve your social media game.
But not all audits are created equal. Do your homework to find the right strategist for your needs and budget. Outline expectations upfront to maximise the insights delivered.
Understanding the Costs of a Social Media Audit:
The introductory overview provides insight into the typical costs associated with a social media audit. These fees can vary depending on several factors, including the scope of the audit, depth of analysis, number of platforms and accounts to be evaluated, and other specific requirements of the project. It’s essential to be aware that the investment in a social media audit can deliver significant value to your brand’s online presence and performance.
Recommended Investment Range for Standard Audits:
For most brands, investing between £1,500 to £3,000 on a standard audit from a qualified provider is considered to deliver immense value. While the exact cost will depend on the complexity of your social media presence, this investment range is relatively reasonable when considering the potential improvements and strategic insights it can provide.
The Value of a Social Media Audit:
Emphasising that a social media audit is one of the smartest investments a brand can make highlights the importance of this process. The audit can uncover strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement in your social media strategy, leading to more effective and targeted efforts. The insights gained from the audit can positively impact audience engagement, brand awareness, and ultimately, your bottom line.
Differentiating Audits and Choosing the Right Strategist:
Not all social media audits are the same. It’s crucial to do thorough research and choose the right strategist for your specific needs and budget. Look for qualified and experienced consultants or agencies with a track record of successful social media strategy. Understanding the expertise and methodologies of potential auditors will help you make an informed decision.
Outline Expectations Upfront:
Before starting the audit, clearly outline your expectations and goals. Communicate what you want to achieve through the audit, the specific areas you want to focus on, and any unique aspects of your social media presence that require attention. By setting clear expectations from the outset, you can ensure that the audit addresses your brand’s specific requirements.
Flexible Packages and Custom Quotes:
Many digital marketing consultants offer flexible packages for social media audits. These packages can be tailored to your brand’s unique requirements and budget constraints. When reaching out to potential auditors, ask for a custom quote that aligns with your needs, ensuring that you get the most value from the audit investment.
Taking Social Media Results to the Next Level:
The conclusion emphasises that a social media audit can be a transformative step for your brand’s online presence. By implementing the insights and recommendations gained from the audit, you can take your social media results to new heights. The strategic improvements and data-driven optimisations can lead to increased audience engagement, improved brand perception, and enhanced performance across various social media platforms.
In summary, a social media audit is a vital investment for brands looking to improve their social media strategy and overall online presence. Understanding the costs and potential benefits will help you make an informed decision about conducting an audit. By choosing the right strategist, clearly defining your expectations, and investing in a tailored audit package, you can harness the power of social media to achieve your brand’s objectives and excel in the competitive digital landscape.
If you’re ready to get started with a social media audit, many digital marketing consultants offer flexible packages. Reach out for a custom quote tailored to your brand’s specific requirements. Then get ready to take your social media results to the next level!
In conclusion, Thats How Much a Social Media Audit Should Cost You
In conclusion, a social media audit is a strategic investment that can yield substantial returns for your brand’s online presence and performance. By gaining valuable insights into your social media strategy, strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities, you can refine your approach, engage your audience more effectively, and achieve better results over time.
Among the various options available, the Geeks and PPC Geeks free social media PPC audit stands out as the best thing you can do for your brand this year.
With their expertise and data-driven analysis, you can unlock the full potential of your social media efforts, optimise your paid campaigns, and take your brand to new heights in the ever-evolving digital landscape. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to boost your social media game and stay ahead of the competition.